TERMS & CONDITIONS
Protection of Personal Information Policy
This policy establishes a general standard on the appropriate protection of personal information. It provides principles regarding the right of individuals to privacy and to reasonable safeguards of their personal information.
The objective of this policy is to protect the individuals’ information.
This policy applies to Jaltech Pty Ltd, its subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities, including its employees, directors and representatives (“hereinafter referred to as “the Company”). The Company is ultimately responsible for ensuring that information security is properly managed. The Company is responsible for:
- The development and upkeep of this policy;
- Ensuring this policy is supported by appropriate documentation, such as procedural instructions;
- Ensuring that documentation is relevant and kept up to date; and
- Ensuring this policy and subsequent updates are communicated to relevant managers, representatives, staff and associates, where applicable.
The Company is responsible for adhering to this policy, and for reporting any security breaches or incidents to the Information Officer.
The external individual(s) who is (are) permitted to handle the information technology of the Company must adhere to the same information security as that of the Company and will confirm by a separate agreement that they have such security measures in place in respect of the processing of personal information.
The Company is committed to taking all reasonable steps to ensure the following principles:
- To be transparent with regards to the standard operating procedures governing the collection and processing of personal information;
- To comply with all applicable regulatory requirements regarding the collection and processing of personal information;
- To collect personal information only by lawful means and to process personal information in a manner compatible with the purpose for which it was collected;
- Where required by regulatory provisions, to inform individuals when personal information is collected about them;
- To treat sensitive personal information that is collected or processed with the highest level of care as prescribed by regulation;
- Where required by regulatory provisions or guidelines, to obtain individuals’ consent to process their personal information;
- To strive to keep personal information accurate, complete and up to date and reliable for their intended use;
- To develop reasonable security safeguards against risks such as loss, unauthorized access, destruction, use, amendment or disclosure of personal information;
- To provide individuals with the opportunity to access the personal information relating to them and, where applicable, to comply with requests to correct, amend or delete personal information;
- To share personal information, such as permitting access, transmission or publication, with third parties only with a reasonable assurance that the recipient has suitable privacy and security protection controls in place regarding personal information; and
- To comply with any restriction and/or requirement that applies to the transfer of personal information internationally.
The management and Information Officer of the Company are responsible for administering and overseeing the implementation of this policy and, as applicable, supporting guidelines, standard operating procedures, notices, consents and appropriate related documents and processes.
The Company and key individuals, and representatives of the Company are to be trained according to their functions in regulatory requirements, policies and guidelines that govern the protection of personal information. the Company will conduct periodic reviews and audits, where appropriate, to demonstrate compliance with privacy regulation, policy and guidelines.
The Company has establish appropriate privacy standard operating controls that are consistent with this policy and regulatory requirements.
This will include:
- Allocation of information security responsibilities.
- Incident reporting and management.
- User ID addition or removal.
- Information security training and education.
- Data backup.
This policy is implemented by the Company and will be adhered to by the Company. Non-compliance with this policy may result in disciplinary action and possible termination of employment or mandate, where applicable.
Please exercise caution when making payments or providing personal information. You may confirm any banking details or payment/information requests telephonically (011 880 0950) before making any transfer/payment/providing information.
Jaltech is not an authorised Financial Services Provider (“FSP”) but is mandated to act as an external administrator on behalf of its clients who are authorised FSP’s. In this regard, Jaltech is seized with and has implemented Protection of Personal Information (“POPI”), Promotion of Access to Information (“PAIA”), Conflict-of-Interest, Complaints and Treating Customers Fairly policies all which are available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org.